2023 ACAMAR workshop: Gas in Galaxies （7.25-28，Western Australia）
ACAMAR, the Australia-ChinA ConsortiuM for Astrophysical Research, is sponsoring a four-day workshop on Gas in Galaxies, to be held from 25-28 July, 2023 in Western Australia.
The flow of gas to and from the interstellar medium (ISM) and circumgalactic medium (CGM) is important in controlling the star-formation rates of galaxies. The flow is controlled by many physical parameters such as mass, specific angular momentum, collisions, tidal forces, temperature, ram pressure and feedback mechanisms. A better understanding of complex nature of gas flows in galaxies is being provided by new optical IFU, new 21-cm HI radio observations, and new molecular line observations. The headline facilities for Australia-China collaboration are the Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP) telescope and the Chinese Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST), which are each world-class facilities producing leading research in the field. Team members already enjoy a good level of collaboration. We propose a workshop to discuss:
1. HI science related to ISM physics, galaxy evolution, and cosmology;
2. Synergies with multiwavelength optical, IR and millimetre facilities;
3. How to most effectively extract science from existing and up-coming surveys and how to coordinate to maximise science impact.
This will be an in-person event held in Perth, Australia. Information about remote attendance will follow.
There will be presentations and discussions on the following topics:
· Milky Way
· Low-z extragalactic: detailed analysis
· Low-z extragalactic: statistical analysis
· High-z extragalactic and absorption lines
· Low and high-z molecular lines
· HI science for the up-coming data of WALLABY, FAST, MeerKAT, etc.
· Multiwavelength synergies and simulations
· HI science specifically for the SKA era
· VR for shared data analysis
· VR for remote meetings
- Abstract Submission closing date: 2023-05-15
- Registration closing date: 2023-05-15
- Program Release date: 2023-06-01
Register here: https://gasingalaxies.casconf.cn/page/1638008908503191552
Call for Proposals for HEPS Phase II Beamlines May 23,2022